For students looking to enter the management domain, there are some fantastic courses available that are beyond the MBA. A new course called Masters in Management (MIM) is gaining widespread recognition and getting fantastic career opportunities.
The Master in Management (MIM,) is a course designed for Business Bachelor Graduates. A postgraduate programme, the MIM course is designed to impart advanced general management knowledge. It is a management course designed for those who do not have prior knowledge of Business. On graduation, the students get a Master of Arts (M.A.) degree or Master of Science (M.Sc).
This course is a good course for fresh undergraduates and or those professionals with limited experience in management and business studies. Master in Management (MIM) introduces students to various structural business concepts. MIM degree gives specialised education in Entrepreneurship, Finance, Marketing, Consulting and other management fields.
The course is an excellent management course because it is:-
- A globally accepted course.
- It is good for those with nil or very little work experience. A course which is designed for those starting their business education.
- There is a curated balance between theory and practical questions.
- The electives can be varied between the psychology of money, e-commerce to traditional electives like finance, marketing amongst others.
- It is way affordable as compared to an MBA.
The skills learnt by the students are- Time Management, Result Oriented Attitude, Leadership Qualities, Hands-on Practical Experience, Time Management, Communication Skills, Problem Solving, Adaptability to Change, Academic Excellence amongst others.
- Education Requirements: The students require an undergraduate degree in any field. The degree could be across streams like arts, science amongst others.
- Work experience: There is no specific work experience required for a MIM program. Commonly, MIM programs have students who have less than 1-2 years of work experience. MIM also doesn’t require specialised skills or other achievements.
- Entrance examination/ Test scores required: Most commonly scores of the GMAT is accepted as an entrance exam score. Some universities do accept GRE as well. It is important to check with the school's website. The student also needs to have scores from English language proficiency tests like IELTS, TOEFL, PET amongst others.
Top organisations in a variety of fields, like BCG, Mckinsey in consulting, L'Oreal, LVMH, P&G in marketing, BNP Paribas, KPMG in finance, favour MiM graduates because of the multidisciplinary abilities they develop during their programme.
The primary reason why MIM degrees do so well is that they are internationally accredited. They are curated keeping in mind International students and international work culture. MIM courses offered by international universities come with strategic partnerships with industry leaders and other universities. The knowledge that stands to be gained is wide. The choice of electives makes it even more varied a subject to be had.
If you are young or a fresher looking forward to pursuing a Managerial program in one of the best global universities, then MIM is just the thing for you. This is due to a variety of factors. To begin with, you can pursue MIM immediately after graduation. Second, because MIM is shorter, you can begin your work sooner. You would get the opportunities to apply your learning much earlier than MBA graduates. Finally, not only does all of this come at a lesser cost, but it also gives you great employment opportunities.